Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone (AFZA), developed by Skycity, a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC), extends over 12 sq. km near Abu Dhabi International Airport. It is the go-go business destination for aviation, engineering, electronics, logistics & cargo, and pharmaceutical firms. AFZA is especially suited to these industries because of its nearness to the FLC Air Cargo Terminal and the Abu Dhabi Cargo Village, its operational hours (24), and its on-site customs inspection.
Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone (AFZA), developed by Skycity, a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC), extends over 12 sq. km near Abu Dhabi International Airport. It is the go-to business destination for aviation, engineering, electronics, logistics & cargo, and pharmaceutical firms. AFZA is especially suited to these industries because of its nearness to the FLC Air Cargo Terminal and the Abu Dhabi Cargo Village, its operational hours (24), and its on-site customs inspection.
The government of Abu Dhabi has a 2030 Vision of having a soaring economy. With this, they have decided to develop Abu Dhabi Business City that owns, operates, develops, and manages business parks and centres.
Business Activities under Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone
The business industries that are acceptable in this Abu Dhabi free zone are as follows:
- Aviation. Aerospace, Aircraft Interiors, and Airport Services
- Logistics, Transportation, Warehousing Distribution and Storage
- Marketing and Events
- Technology and ICT
- Service Provider
- Regional HQ
- Knowledge and Development
Licenses Available at Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone
- Trading License- It allows the holder to import, export, distribute and store items as per ADAFZ rules and regulations
- Service License- It allows the holder to carry out the services specified in the license within the free zone. The type of service must conform to the parents company license
- Industrial License- It allows the holder to import raw materials of specified products and export the finished product to any country
Facilities Provided in Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone
- Warehouse Facility- Warehouse spaces of 360 m2 and multiples upto maximum 2.880 m2 are available under single roof
- Offices- Ready to use offices are available at Abu Dhabi International Airport, Al Bateen Executive Airport, and Al Ain International Airport
- Business Centre- The investors are offered fully serviced offices as well as workstations as per their immediate business needs
- Land and Plots for Lease- Plots of land for long-term lease where you can locate your purpose built/ built-to-suit facilities
Benefits of Setting up a Company in Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone
AFZA offers the following benefits to companies:
- Provision of 100% foreign ownership
- Full corporate and personal tax exemption
- Exemption from import and export tax
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Easily accessible land plots, commercial offices and warehousing units
- Close proximity to the airports
- 100% import and export tax exemption
- Quicker to incorporate
- Access to facilities of Cargo Village and Cargo Terminal
Legal Entities in ADAFZ
A corporate or individual entity may register one’s company in AFZA through one of the following legal entity types:
- Free Zone Establishment (for a company with a single shareholder)
- Free Zone Company (for a company with 2-5 shareholders)
- Branch Office of a Foreign Company (where the applicant is a foreign national)
- Branch Office of a Local Company (where the applicant is a UAE national)
Procedure to Set up a Company in Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone
Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone offers simple and efficient procedures for setting up a business within near proximity to the airports in Abu Dhabi. The steps are as under;
Step 1- Initial Approval
The initial approval to start a business must be taken from the Abu Dhabi free zone authorities. It includes filling the application form and attaching the documents as under-
- Business Plan
- Copy of existing trade license/registration certificate (if you are an existing company)
- Color passport copies of the company’s shareholders and the appointed manager for the new ADAFZ company
- 2 years audited financial reports for a corporate entity or certificate of reference from a personal bank of the individual shareholder
Step 2- Business Registration
Here, you need to fill the registration form for starting a business and submit the documents required. After which you need to make payment of registration fees of AED 5,000 or AED 7,500, together with license fees ranging from AED 15,000 and AED 50,000 depending on whether a service, trade or manufacturing license is required
Step 3- License and Visa Approval
For getting the license approved you need to sign a lease agreement after which license will be immediately issued. Visa processing will be started after this.
Documents Required for AFZA Company Formation
The documents required for company formation in Abu Dhabi Free Zone are:
- Proof of trade name reservation
- Proof of initial approval for business activities
- Passport copies for the shareholders
- Passport copy and CV of the manager
- Personal Information sheet for each shareholder & manager
- Lease agreement [possessing a physical address for one’s office is mandatory in the UAE]
- Third party/authority approval for activities, where applicable
Apart from these, the airport zone provides many amenities to the businesses that are operating in the free zone. The companies enjoy the comprehensive office and warehouse with full amenities. These are offered to wide list of industries, such as aviation, aerospace, logistics, cargo, IT, and telecommunication. The freezone aims to provide the needed facilities and services. Having an area of more than 10 square kilometers, five commercial districts are included in the jurisdiction. The districts are- Logistics Park, Business Park, Destination Village, Al Falah District, and Airport City.
The above-mentioned perks are just some of the reasons why business setup in Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone is rising now amongst other company formation Abu Dhabi. There are more and more Abu Dhabi international companies that reside in this certain Abu Dhabi Free Zone Authority.
Should you think of opening a business in AFZA, Business Setup Worldwide is at your disposal from the very beginning. We have it all covered for you, be it the business plan or the legal documentation formalities. Our team of experts is here to make sure you get the ideal environment for setting up your business.
Your business vision and objectives are at the centre of what we do. Extensive domain know-how, regional knowledge, cutting-edge infrastructure, client-centric systems, and operational transparency are the hallmarks of the company formation process at Business Setup Worldwide, and we strive to provide the most congruous business solution for your needs. Contact Us today.