Business Setup in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the UAE and is strategically located in the business hub of the world. In the last few years, Abu Dhabi has seen prominence among other business areas.
Business setup in Abu Dhabi requires a commercial license (Trade, professional license), and company incorporation is a must. Hence, setting up a business in Abu Dhabi is likely to be very different from other jurisdictions. Thus, it is crucial to research first and get information on various rules and regulations and local know-how. Business Setup services fill this gap that foreign investors and owners face once they plan to set up a business in Abu Dhabi.
Starting a Business in Abu Dhabi?
To do business setup in Abu Dhabi, business owners have to decide to do business either in Mainland or Free zones in Abu Dhabi. Each has its own benefit; however, to do business in the Mainland, the commercial laws defined by the Department of Economic Development for an LLC company registration in Abu Dhabi allow investors to start an LLC firm, which is the best way to do business set up in Abu Dhabi.
To set up an LLC, a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 50 people are required, and their liability is restricted to their share capital in the business. In the case of a partnership firm, a UAE National (local sponsor) should hold 51% of the ventures, and the remaining 49% stays with the foreign investor.
On the other hand, in a Free Zone, a business investor can own 100% of the firm instead of sharing it with a local sponsor. The free zones attract businesses from some areas. The purpose is for businesses to supply goods and services to each other. A Free Zone company must carry out its work within the geographical limits of the free zone, although meetings can occur outside of the free zone.
The first step to a company formation in Abu Dhabi is to reserve and get approval for the desired trade name from the Department of Economic Development (DED). Once the trade name is approved:
- Abu Dhabi, Trade License Committee is at one of the Abu Dhabi Emirate Municipalities (Abu Dhabi City, Al Ain City, or the Western Region Municipality), which will review your application and support documents, including details of the partners and capital and inform you whether your request requires approval of a competent agency.
- In the case of opening a branch of a foreign company, you will have to apply and all required documents to the Ministry of Economy upon getting the approval of the competent agency, Abu Dhabi Trade license, and the ministry will present it to the Executive Council in Abu Dhabi for approval.
Required documents for company formation in Abu Dhabi include in the case of LLC:
- Duly signed Trade Name Registration Form.
- Valid passport copies.
- Valid UAE ID Card copies.
- Family Book copies.
Advantages of Business Setup in Abu Dhabi
Company formation in Abu Dhabi is beneficial for a foreign investor; the following are some of the advantages listed for entrepreneurs:
- If you plan to have an LLC incorporation, it is easy to acquire a UAE trade license from the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry, get local visas, and rent business premises in Abu Dhabi.
- Profit-sharing arrangements can be different, as in the case of shareholding in an LLC.
- An Abu Dhabi LLC engaged in the exports of national industrial products is exempted from payment of any taxes or trading fees.
- There is no specific minimum capital requirement.
- The investor becomes the partner in the firm.
- LLC offers UAE residence visas to investors
- 100% repatriation of profits and capital
- The investor can commence branches
- The investor can run the business without the day-to-day interference of the local national partner.
- Simple staff recruitment procedures
- Competitive freight charges
- Competitive real estate costs.
- It is easy to open global corporate bank accounts
To set up your business in Abu Dhabi, go through the process, and to understand local know-how, you need experienced people who can cut through the bureaucracy to quickly establish the company. Hence, the role of Business Setup Worldwide becomes vital because we provide you with end-to-end solutions for your business setup needs. We provide information on any business structure or legal entity across Abu Dhabi. We know the best and cost effective way of providing you value in record time.