Ajman Free Zone
Ajman Media City Free Zone
The Ajman Free Zone (AFZ), one of the UAE's oldest Free Zones, was founded in 1988, resulting in tremendous industrial growth by attracting many enterprises to take advantage of the investment rights.
As a result, the Ajman Free Zone bolstered the UAE's early industrial, commercial, and financial sectors. In addition, the Ajman Free Zone gives you the chance to reap the benefits of Ajman Port, which serves over 1000 vessels each year and has grown into a central maritime hub today.
A Brief Overview of the Emirate
Ajman is roughly a 40-minute drive from Dubai in the Emirate of Ajman.
This zone, near a seaport, accommodates all types of organizations, from freelancers to light manufacturing and trading firms.
Ajman Free Zone company setup appeals to people who want to establish a new firm from scratch because of its affordable rates for young entrepreneurs and several installment payment methods, which contrasted with the business setup in Dubai.
Learn more about how to start free zone Company in the UAE.
Benefits of Ajman Free Zone Company Setup
Company incorporation in Ajman free zone comes with various advantages. It offers not only lucrative business locations, but here are some benefits that are as follows:
- Provision of 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- No corporate tax, import/export tax, personal income tax, and customs duty for goods and services
- A host of amenities to offer like business facilities (conference room and business meeting rooms), 24-hour security services, bank services, postal services, advanced communication systems, etc.
- Provision of a 20-year land lease, renewable for another 20 years, guaranteeing legitimate tax-exempt operations for 40 years.
Types of Licenses in Ajman Free Zone
A trading license is provided to anyone who engages in trading activities in the free zone territory. The company can add three activities to single permission given by the Ajman Free Zone Authority, and the company can add three activities.
Professional Service License
To establish their company in the Ajman Free Zone, all UAE or international enterprises who want to provide PRO services, such as IT, management, or marketing consulting, must first get a professional license.
To build a manufacturing facility in the free zone, all enterprises involved in manufacturing commodities must first obtain an industrial license from the Ajman Free Zone Authority. The Ajman Free Zone Authority also provides storage and smart-store services to manufacturing companies.
National Industrial License
Companies that meet the following conditions are granted this license:
- Although it must be registered in Ajman, it must operate in the free zone.
- Should be registered with Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) nationals owning at least 51% of the company's shares.
- A minimum of 40% of the company's manufacturing should occur within the free zone.
- Exports to the Arab Gulf Cooperation Council member nations are duty-free for companies possessing a national industrial license (AGC).
An e-commerce license can be obtained by a firm that wishes to enter the e-commerce market or launch an online business. It also helps investors with marketing and technical issues.
Legal Entities in Ajman Free Zone
There are four types of business entities in Ajman Free Zone, which are as follows:
- AFZA Free Zone Company
- AFZA Free Zone Entity
- Branch of a Local Company
- Branch of a Foreign Company
Learn more about different types of business entities in the UAE.
How to Set a Business in Ajman Free Zone?
For setting up a business in Ajman free zone, an investor needs to carry out the following processes. Learn more about business setup in Ajman.
1. Submit the Documents
Submit a duly filled application form to Ajman Free Zone Authority (AFZA) and the required documents. The application will be handled on the same day it was submitted.
2. Company Registration
You must apply for both the registration and visa processes. But, first, register the application with the registration office (with the date of submission printed on the application).
3. Decide the Legal Entity
The next step would be to choose the legal entity you wish to create. There are four kinds of legal entities: Free Zone Establishment (FZE), Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ LLC), Branch of a Foreign Company, and Branch of a Local Company.
4. Decide the Company Name
In order to get a license from the Ajman Free Zone Authority, you must first decide on a company name and the type of your business.
5. Obtain a License
After completing all of the steps mentioned earlier, you can apply for the business license in AFZA.
Required Documents for Company Setup in Ajman Free Zone
Ajman Free Zone Company
- For the company name to be approved, three names are required.
- For six months, you must have a valid passport.
- A passport-sized photograph (white background)
- If the applicant is employed in the UAE, the present sponsor must sign a no-objection certificate.
- In the event of an Industrial or Service License, a business plan is necessary.
Branch of a Local Company
- A valid passport
- A passport-sized photograph (white background)
- Original Permission to Use
- Original Certificate of Chamber of Commerce Original Certificate of Commercial Registration
- A business plan is necessary. Is there a difference between an industrial and a service licence?
- There is no requirement for capital.
Branch of a Foreign Company
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Certificate of Incorporation (Certificate of Incorporation)
- A copy of their valid passport for at least 6 months is required for the company's representative or manager.
- A picture in colour (white background)
- Certificate of registration issued by the appropriate authorities in the nation where the business is registered.
- In the case of industrial and service enterprises, a feasibility study must be filed.
Ajman Free Zone Company Setup Cost
The cost of the license in Ajman starts from AED 5600 (excluding the professional fee).
The Ajman Free Zone is one of the UAE's most cost-effective and established free zones. As a result, it is without a doubt the most important place in the UAE to start a business. Business Setup Worldwide is a one-stop solution provider for global and local investors and business people.
Our experts will handle your company setup needs, including bank accounts, licensing, registration, documentation, and other legal procedures. Contact us to learn more about our company establishment services and get started on your dream venture right now.
1. How many licenses did Ajman issue in Q1 2022?
2. Do I have to be present during the company formation process in Ajman?
It is not necessary.
3. What kind of license does one need to import and export in Ajman?
General trading license.
4. What are the available facilities in Ajman Free zone?