Dubai Design District (D3) was founded in 2013 to encourage growth and investment in markets like digital media, arts, design, and fashion. As of today, Dubai Design District free zone is a trailblazer in the Middle East.
Dubai Design District (D3) was founded in 2013 to encourage growth and investment in markets like digital media, arts, design, and fashion. As of today, Dubai Design District free zone is a trailblazer in the Middle East. It is the first destination in the region dedicated to designing, making this booming market even more vivid in Dubai. The idea behind D3 was to build a community where all design lovers could head to in order to enjoy all the latest trends and to provide people with a place where they can connect, explore and celebrate all things creative and trendy.
One of the most appealing things about D3 is the series of events that take place throughout the year. Two of the biggest events are Sole DXB and the Fashion Forward Dubai. In addition to major events, D3 is filled with design pop-ups throughout the year, presenting everything from interior design to fashion and art. Located close to Mohammed Bin Rashid City and adjacent to Dubai’s Business Bay, D3 is situated beside Dubai Creek, and behind Burj Khalifa. It is a TECOM Group free zone business park which consists of 3 phases:
Completed in 2015, phase 1 of D3 consists of 1.2m square feet of offices, studios, ateliers, showrooms, and over 200,000 sq. ft. of retail space along with 11 buildings with an estimation of 100 retail units and around 1000 offices.
The second phase of D3 designed by Foster and Partners is on track to be completed by mid-2018. So far, 5% development is completed, involving the construction of D3’s Creative Community which includes workshops, showrooms, design studios, and exhibition spaces for design and fashion events.
The third phase of D3 is currently being designed and is scheduled with a completion date planned for 2021. Phase three is believed to feature hotels as well as entertainment, luxury retail, food and beverages offering a wide range of hospitality and leisure facilities.
Advantages of Setting Up a Business in Dubai Design District Free Zone (D3)
- No currency restrictions
- Exemption from personal income tax
- No limit on capital repatriation
- 0% corporate tax for the first 50 years
- Strategic location
- No restrictions on hiring foreign talent
- Simple laws and legal framework
- 100% foreign ownership
- Amenities of a world-class business hub
- Special licensing for design and fashion with freelance permits for artists and designers
- Opportunity to get incepted in the world’s first design ecosystem
Company Setup Options in Dubai Design District (D3)
- Free zone limited liability company (FZ LLC)
- Branch of UAE company
- Branch of Foreign Company
- Freelance Permit
Types of Licenses Available in Dubai Design District (D3)
- Commercial license
- Manufacturing license
Procedure to Set Up a Company in Dubai Design District (D3)
- Submit an application for provisional approval
- Submit the legal documents for company registration
- Sign a lease
- Apply for personnel sponsorship
- Collect your business license
- Obtain a customer confirmation letter
- Pay the requisite fee
Documents Required to Set Up a Business in Dubai Design District (D3)
- Application for company registration
- Business plan
- Board resolution
- Passport copies and specimen signature of the director and the manager
- Registry identification code
- No-Objection certificate (NOC) from the current sponsor
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA)
- Certificate of incorporation
- Post-dated checks
6 Reasons Why You Should Invest in Dubai Design District (D3)
- D3 is a free zone which enables an investor to enjoy sole ownership, full repatriation of profit and capitals, and no duty on import/export.
- An amazing opportunity to go global as Dubai is one of the most visited cities in the world and D3’s strategic location is exceptionally beneficial.
- Smart steps have been taken by authorities to develop the district as a smart zone which includes privileges like smart parking meters, smart energy meters, smart waste management, etc.
- D3 owns a security system that can recognize an employee’s face and switch on lights and adjust the temperature on a user’s desk automatically.
- A chance to be versatile as D3 owns a business zone for fashion, luxury, and design, it will give you the access to art studios, museums, art galleries etc. which will eventually boost your versatility.
- Dubai will give you world-class infrastructure, and you don’t also need to pay any income tax. And it’s a perfect gateway between the east and the west which enable you to expand your business and network in the whole GCC region easily.
So, if these 6 amazing reasons excite you to set up your business in Dubai Design District (D3) free zone then look no further, as our advisors at Business Setup Worldwide are here to help you with the drill. We commit to take care of all the hurdles lying in your way while forming your business, and shall be more than happy to assist you and be a part of your success journey. For any queries on setting up a company in D3 free zone, do contact us – we’d be happy to help.