Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) is a state-of-the-art medical hub launched in 2002. It was developed to meet the growing demand for quality healthcare services, and to make Dubai eminent for its medical treatment facilities worldwide. DHCC houses over 120 hospitals and 120 outpatient medical centres, with over 4,000 licensed medical professionals. In addition, it has around 200 retail and non-clinical outlets. DHCC has provision for a wide array of healthcare services, medical research and education, medical paraphernalia, pharmaceuticals, and medical support services. The governing body for DHCC is Dubai Healthcare City Authority (DHCA), along with its regulatory wing, Dubai Healthcare City Authority – Regulation (DHCR). Its quality standards have been accredited by the International Society for Quality in Healthcare (ISQua).
Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) is now one of the most prosperous free zones in Dubai. It is located in the heart of the city, near Garhoud Bridge and Wafi Mall. It is a pool of licensed professionals from almost 90 countries, who follow international quality standards to serve the patients. DHCC is also home to an academic institution with a modern teaching technology and a set of highly experienced staff. To be cost-effective and sustainable, Dubai Healthcare City Authority – Regulatory (DHCR), the governing body of Dubai Healthcare City has signed an agreement with the Healthcare Accreditation Council (HCAC), consultancy institution in Jordan. DHCR is expected to get the accreditation by 2020.
DHCC, located in the centre of Dubai, is made up of 2 phases: the first spanning over 90 acres in Oud Metha, for the purpose of healthcare and medical education; and the second over 500 acres in Al Jadaf, dedicated to wellness services.
Advantages of Setting Up a Business in Dubai Healthcare City Free Zone in Dubai
- 100% foreign ownership
- Exemption from customs duty
- No income or corporate tax
- Administrative assistance from Dubai Healthcare City Authority (DHCA)
- Home of many national and international healthcare brands
- Availability of energy resources at low cost
- Quick and easy access to healthcare expertise
- Option to purchase or lease of land
- The possibility of capital and profit repatriation
- No trade barriers or quotas
Types of Business Licenses Available in DHCC
To start a business in Dubai Healthcare City, you need to obtain a license from DHCR. There are 3 types of licenses available:
- Service License
- Industrial License
- Trading License
How to Set Up a Business in Dubai Healthcare City?
There are many reasons to invest in DHCC but to get registered in Dubai Healthcare Centre, a firm has to follow certain rules set by DHCR. The company incorporation will be based on the license you obtain. It can be a commercial, service or medical license. To get started company must have 2 directors and a minimum of one shareholder further, the shareholder must be the resident of Dubai free zone and it is mandatory to conduct shareholders meeting at least once in a year. Procedures to be followed are listed below:
Procedure to Set Up a Business in Dubai Healthcare City
- Submit an application for provisional approval
- Submit a business plan to the free zone authority
- Submit legal documents for company registration
- Get the Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA) signed, and deposit the share capital
- Apply for a commercial license and provide leasing agreement (if any)
- After signing of lease agreement, the license can be collected within 2-4 weeks
Documents Required to Set Up a Business in Dubai Healthcare City
There are a few mandatory documents which have to be submitted to Dubai Healthcare City free zone authority to start your business.
For New Company Setup
- Initial approval for the activities
- Coloured passport copies of the shareholders
- CV and passport copy of the manager/director
- Personal details of the manger and shareholders
- Copy of existing license/certificate of registration
- Power of attorney given to the managers/directors (attested and notarized)
- Documents for lease agreement [it is mandatory to have a physical office in Dubai]
For Branch Setup
- Personal information sheet and passport copies of managers and shareholders
- CV of the manager (he/she must have a university degree)
- Initial approval for the activities to be performed in the new branch
- Trade name reservation proof and initial approval sheet for the activities performed by each manager and shareholder
- The lease agreement for the new branch
- Company registration copy of existing branch, duly attested or notarized by UAE Embassy
- Existing Company brochure
- Your physical business address
- Board resolution of the directors of your existing company showing the interest in establishing a branch of the existing entity in DHCC (applicable for corporate shareholders)
Why Set Up a Business in Dubai Healthcare City?
Founded on the principles of innovation and excellence, DHCC provides an international standard of healthcare facilities with highly skilled professionals. Dubai Health Care City is the home of many top-class healthcare brands. The city is regarded to have quality health care and the patient satisfaction level is consistently growing high.
DHCC provides the wide range of healthcare facilities including surgical clinics, state-of-the-art surgical suites, diagnostic laboratories, and commercial offices, rehabilitation centre, making it a promising choice for investors looking to foray into the healthcare sector. Apart from these, there are a bunch of reasons for why you can set up a healthcare business in Dubai Healthcare City; some of these are:
- Availability of expertise in healthcare
- A place for education and research work
- Connected to national and international market
- Incorporated healthcare community providing first-class medical care
- Access to the best quality medical equipment
- Low operational charge
- Highly developed healthcare facilities
- Situated at the heart of the city
- Authority is flexible to adapt to new technologies
Business Setup Worldwide is a business advisory firm that guide you on how to go about setting up a new business anywhere globally. We help our clients right from company registration to legal formalities and intellectual property protection. Owing to the availability of several permutations of business type, motivation and location in Dubai, taking the right decision with respect to setting up a company is pivotal. We at Business Setup Worldwide save your time as we take care of the lengthy procedures and guide you step by step throughout the process.
Mandatory rules and regulations have to be followed to set up a business in DHCC. We can help you in following the rules pertaining to leasing, employment, licensing, business registration, legal procedures, accounting, etc. If you are looking to start your business in Dubai Healthcare City, do contact us – we’d be glad to help you in your company formation journey.