Dubai Logistics City (DLC) is the first fully integrated logistics zone supported by all transport media, logistics, and value-added services, including light manufacturing and assembly in a single custom-bonded facility.
Dubai Logistics City (DLC) is the first fully integrated logistics zone supported by all transport media, logistics, and value-added services, including light manufacturing and assembly in a single custom-bonded facility. Recognized as one of the most ambitious projects of its kind in the world, this carefully planned free zone is located near Jebel Ali Sea Port and delivers a unique ecosystem that supports a plethora of activities like logistics, aviation, exhibitions, residential accommodation and recreational enterprises. DLC holds the capacity of turning over 12 million tonnes of air cargo annually, in addition to having its own staff set in landscaped surroundings with sports and leisure facilities, restaurants, shops, and services spreading over 21.5 sq. km. along with a 140 sq. km. urban aviation community centered on what is to become the world’s fourth-largest international airport. DLC consists of warehouses and plots of lands for the logistics business of the industry, trade, and distributors. The free zone is a part of the government’s overall strategy to improve Dubai’s transport and logistics services and capitalize on its geographical location to make the Emirate a global hub for logistics.
Benefits of Setting Up a Business in DLC
- Exemption from income tax
- 100% foreign ownership
- Full repatriation of capital and profits
- A personalized sector established specially to cater to the huge requirements of logistics
- An environment that is home to over 7000 companies, including fortune 500 club companies
- Pre-built warehousing facility
- Custom-built units for freight forwarders
- Separate lane for heavy vehicle movement
- Comprehensive tax arrangement for the UAE, African and North Asian countries
- Well-defined distribution channel catering to African, South-East European, Middle-East, and SAARC
- Liberal visa regulations
- Easily available workforce
- Commercial independence and flexibility
- Visa services for labour, transportation, and other purposes
Types of Licenses in DLC
- Logistics license
- Industrial license
- Trading license
- Service license
- Education license
Legal Entities in DLC
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)
- Branch of a foreign company
- Branch of a UAE company
DLC is ideal for businesses such as:
- Companies with multi-modal transportation needs
- Corporates seeking professional logistics environments and free trade facilities
- A range of innovative, value-added logistics services
- Businesses requiring speedy air freight
Destined to become an outstanding landmark of Dubai, DLC serves the growing needs of multinational companies involved in different fields such as:
- Spare parts and after-sales
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Consumer goods and fashion
- Relief aid and NGOs
Services Offered by DLC
- Air transport to connect even remote sources with core world markets
- Sea-air transport to ensure on-time delivery within intercontinental supply chains
- The option to combine transit with customization, packaging or labelling of goods and other value-added services
Key features of DLC
- Companies can establish distribution centers and replenish them via land, air or sea and deliver to customers using the most cost and time efficient methods.
- It provides an office park as well as land along the DLC access road that can be developed to host a wide range of service businesses.
- The office park provides more than 400,000 sq. m. of rental office space.
- It supplies modular space to allow maximum flexibility.
- It allows companies to easily set up their local operations, administrative offices, showrooms, and customer-facing facilities or entire head offices.
- Multi-level car parking which ensures easy access to all 18 office blocks.
- A dedicated road network which links DLC office park to the Emirate’s road.
All these lucrative benefits and excellent key features make Dubai Logistics City a key platform for logistics-based companies that contribute to the import-export trade of a country. So, if you are looking forward to setting up your logistics or trading business, there’s no better place than Dubai Logistics City free zone to establish a company. And if you have already decided to give DLC a shot then look no further, as our advisors at Business Setup Worldwide are here to help you with the drill. We commit to take care of all the hurdles lying in your way while forming your business, and shall be more than happy to assist you and be a part of your success journey. For any queries on setting up a company in Dubai Logistics City (DLC) Free Zone, do contact us – we’d be happy to help.