Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) is a free zone extending over a million square feet, known for its international trade fairs, consumer shows and grand conventions, welcoming over 2.7 million visitors from 160 global markets annually. It is fairly well connected through the road network, Dubai Metro and Dubai International Airport.
DWTC free zone was established with an aim to deliver a flexible business-conducive environment to businesses compete even more effectively regionally and globally. Being located within the iconic Dubai World Trade Centre and close to Al Maktoum International airport in Dubai, DWTC free zone is welcoming investors from all over the world. It is regulated by the DWTC Authority providing a unique and highly desirable proposition for businesses within its free zone.
This free zone in Dubai provides strong incentives for multinationals to use Dubai as a platform to enter into local and regional markets. DWTC authority being the place for event management, facilities management, real estate, hospitality, Event services and what more. With a wide range of services, there are other advantages as well which will make an entrepreneur choose DWTC.
Benefits of Setting Up a Business in Dubai World Trade Centre Free Zone
DWTC offers the following benefits to companies:
- Provision of 100% foreign ownership
- No tax on export
- No corporate or income tax for 50 years, with the concession being renewable
- No customs duty
- No restriction on repatriation of capital
- Simplified incorporation process
- Free flow of currency
- Stable and clear regulations
- One-stop shop for all government services
- Simple incorporation process
- No restriction on hiring foreign employees
- Flexibility to determine product or service prices and the profit margin desired
- Freedom to initiate multi options for legal operating structure
Types of Business Licenses Provided by Dubai World Trade Centre Free Zone
One can choose any one of the following business licenses to set up business in DWTC free zone:
1. Service License
This allows an entity to carry out services specified on the license within the free zone and elsewhere in UAE.
2. Event License
The holder of this license can organize meetings, conference and exhibitions.
3. Trade License
A trade license allows the registered entity to conduct activities related to import, export, distribution, and storage of specified products mentioned in the license.
Types of Business Entities in Dubai World Trade Centre Free Zone
1. Free Zone Establishment (FZE)
This type of entity can be registered with one single shareholder or corporate shareholder.
2. Free Zone Company (FZC)
This type of entity can be formed with 2 or more shareholders. Such a shareholder can be an individual or a corporate entity.
3. Branch Office
Any company from the UAE or outside can set up their branch office, with no minimum capital requirement.
Services Provided by DWTC Authority
1. Registration Services
The authority provides assistance in all company registration processes.
2. License Services
This service counter helps you in license-related issues, including issuance and renewal, amendment and cancellation of license.
3. Immigration Services
Issuance and renewal of visa.
4. General Administration Services
These include services such as maintenance of register and issuing No Objection Certificate (NOC).
5. Miscellaneous Services
In addition to the aforementioned, the following services can be availed at the DWTC Authority:
- Notarization and attestation of documents by a registrar
- Changes in ownership of a business, or transfer of shares and share capital
- Changes to registration of a business
- Issuance and renewal of licences and business permits
- Issuance/renewal of visas and entry permits
How to Set Up a Business in DWTC?
Dubai World Trade Centre is the largest event venue known for hosting many landmark events with 35 years of experience.
The Authority provides world-class facilities to surpass customers expectation.it welcomes over 2.74 million visitors from 160 global markets every year providing them the international standard and quality driven services. Spread across million square feet of multi-purpose spaces, the world has witnessed more than 500 events hosted by DWTC. Giving hope to many investors, the authority has simplified the procedures to set up business in this free zone.
Procedure to Set Up a Business in DWTC Free Zone
- First, you need to decide on a business activity to get a license from the authority
- Select a unique name to your company avoiding reference to any religion or political organizations
- Submit relevant documents and fill the form to get your business license
- Pay a certain amount of fees for registration and licensing to the DWTC authority
Documents Required to Set Up a Business in DWTC Free Zone
- Application form for initial approval
- Each shareholder’s profile
- Detailed business plan
- Board resolution asking for the interest to establish a branch
- Passport copies of directors, general manager, and shareholders
- Shareholders from UAE need to submit Emirates ID copies
- Share capital deposit form from the bank
- Original copy of incorporation certificate (attested and notarized)
- Notarized and attested power of attorney
- Good standing certificate, if applicable
- Memorandum of Association of parent company, in case of a branch
- License copy of parent company, in case of a branch
Business setup in Dubai World Trade Centre is a lucrative choice for entrepreneurs who are looking to capitalize on their investments in the smartest possible way. Dubai World Trade Centre is an ideal location for any type of business activity with a dynamic and innovative infrastructure. As strategically located it allows business to connect with billions of national and international customers. To boot, DWTC authority provides incentives to both national and international companies to enhance their competitive edge. So, business setup in Dubai World Trade Centre is a lucrative choice for investors who are looking for growth-oriented business in Dubai. If you are planning to start your venture here, you'd probably need a guiding hand from business consultants.
Business Setup Worldwide is a business advisory firm that provides expert guidance on starting a new venture globally. We help our clients identify new business opportunities, network with local authorities, understand legal procedures. Business Setup Worldwide is a one-stop solution provider helping foreign investors setup their dream operations in DWTC by taking care of their entire business setup requirements including, banking, licensing, registration, documentation, and all other legal formalities. Our team leaves no stone unturned to ensure that your process of setting up a company here is hassle-free and delightful.
If you are planning to set up a business in Dubai, it is required to have a good knowledge of Dubai business environment. We at Business Setup Worldwide guide you step by step throughout the registration process. Come up with your business plan and contact us for any assistance, we'll be happy to assist you in your business setup journey.