Dubai South Free Zone (name changed from Dubai World Central) is an economic zone around Al Maktoum International Airport. Acknowledged as one of the most pioneering infrastructural projects in the world, the 140-square kilometre free zone, located near the Jebel Ali Sea Port, supports exceptional variegated capabilities that enable a multitude of activities including aviation, logistics, trade, exhibition, and leisure-related businesses.
Why Dubai South Free Zone?
Dubai South Free Zone (Dubai World Central) offers the following benefits to businesses:
- Exemption from corporate tax
- Provision of 100% foreign ownership
- Easy access to Al Maktoum International Airport
- Simple commercial lease terms
- Pre-furnished offices and desks for start-ups and SMEs
Business in Dubai South Free Zone
You may, depending upon your business, acquire one of the following types of licence in Dubai South Free Zone.
- Industrial Licence: Such a licence allows the operation of light manufacturing activities done using hand labour or quiet machinery such that said activity does not produce waste products by way of smoke, fumes, light, heat or any other undesirable by-products. Moreover, an industrial licence is issued provided Environmental Impact Assessment surveys have been done comprehensively.
- Logistics Licence: A logistics licence allows logistics services like transportation, storage, assembling, sorting, inventory management, forwarding, clearing, etc.
- Service Licence: A service licence covers activities like training and consulting. The businessperson may carry out the activity specified in the licence within the Dubai South Free Zone, permissible at other places in the UAE only by obtaining additional local licences in some jurisdictions
- Trade Licence: A trade licence allows import, export and distribution of products specified in the licence.
Business Setup Worldwide is a business advisory firm that provides expert guidance on starting a new venture in any part of the world. We help our clients identify new business opportunities, understand legal procedures, network with local authorities, and identify the right type of free zone to suit the business model. As different options are available for company formation, it is crucial to have the right kind of business knowledge in the business environment of Dubai. We at Business Setup Worldwide save your time as we take care of the lengthy procedures and guide you step by step throughout the process.