Being a land of business, the UAE provides a platform to different business industries irrespective of size and nature. When it comes to the businesses dealing in the small sector, retail or a grocery store stands as a backbone for this segment. The region provides immense options for these businesses as it would build a pipeline for them to flourish at a later stage. It is well-known that the government of the Emirates have set a rule for different business industries to obtain a specific license based on their business operations. If a businessperson plans to set up a business in Dubai, dealing in the grocery sector, then getting a license for the same is a mandate. If you are on the same edge, then this is all you need to know.
The grocery sector stands as one of the booming industries prevailing in the United Arab Emirates, where the government is planning to take multiple initiatives to uplift the sector. Supermarkets play a proactive role in this domain by bringing a wide range of products, while ultimately challenges the individual stores. The entire idea by the government behind implementing multiple initiatives is to level up the bridge and flourish the entire grocery sector. To set up one, certain documents are to be kept handy to ease the establishment process. Let’s have a look.
The process of grocery store set up in Dubai can be initiated if you hold the following documents:
To set up a grocery store in Dubai, specific requirements are to be met in the eyes of the Emirates Government, which includes:
Dubai presents a wide platform for different business activities. Once you have decided to set up a grocery store you need to understand the crux of the business by understanding the location, the activities to be carried out, deep-dive into research related to product demand, business plan etc.
The first thought that you should pay attention while setting up grocery retail in Dubai is that you need to have a word with a local sponsor who needs to hold 51% of the company shares, and the remaining 49% shares need to be owned by you. This procedure turns out to be a must, until and unless you opt for a free zone to set up your store.
While registering the business at the Ministry of Commerce, it is to be proven that the company is financially sound. In case if you are new to the region, you need to take support from local banks or sponsors.
It will well-known that any business in Dubai needs to hold a special license, which is issued by the Department of Economic Development (DED). The same applies to a grocery store, where you need to maintain an exclusive license that gives you the legal authority to conduct business operations in the region.
Any business in the UAE needs to undergo proper jurisdiction. You might end up opening a store in Dubai Mall, or any other location, but what is important is understanding the legal proceedings that are to be followed. Just like other businesses, a grocery business in Dubai also follows proper paperwork backed by a robust shareholding structure.
While incorporating a grocery store, you might end up conducting various business activities like hiring employees, clearing the paperwork, obtain necessary licenses and permits. However, it is to be noted that certain guidelines are to be followed which are set by the Government authorities.
In order to obtain a grocery license in Dubai, the following steps are to be followed:
The complete process of obtaining a grocery license is handled by the Department of Economic Development (DED) and is only issued if the steps followed while initiating the process are error-free. While conducting the process in-house, there exists a possibility of error. The best way to continue the same in an error-free way is to have a word with a professional consultant who can help you in obtaining the license in an error-free way. The team of Business Setup Worldwide is here to help you in the process of getting the grocery license for your grocery store. Our professional experts are well-equipped with the legal rules and can ease the whole process. Do contact us for any business setup query- we’d be glad to assist.