RAK Maritime City is located in a strategic position near the Strait of Hormuz, offering excellent sea access with international sea port facility and special zones for companies.
RAK Maritime City was created as free zone by the Emirate Decree in Dec 2009, and boundaries of the Maritime City was declared. RAK Maritime City is located in a strategic position near the Strait of Hormuz, offering excellent sea access with international sea port facility and special zones for companies that combine the port facilities with inherent business edge to the business offered by the cost-efficient, reliable, transparent and customized business solutions. The tax benefits provided to the companies encourage them to set up their business in Maritime City free zone.
The RAK Maritime free zone covers an area of several square kilometres and is segregated into specialized zones according to the specified use, like:
- General cargo handling
- Tank storage
- Ship building or repairs
- Industrial production
- Manufacturing zone
- Retail zone
- Warehousing section
Advantages of Setting Up a Business in RAK Maritime City
- Strategic location in Strait of Hormuz
- Complete foreign ownership allowed
- 100% tax exemption on capital and corporate profits
- No duties and customs on imports and exports
- Cutting-edge harbor infrastructure
- Easy access to global markets
- Transparent business rules and regulations
- Access to skilled labor market
- Flexible frameworks for employing foreign talents
- Low operating costs for businesses
- Extensive warehouse facilities with round the clock security
- Smart support services for RAK MC authority
Types of Licenses in RAK Maritime City
1. General Trading License
The general trade license permits the company to engage in imports, exports, selling, distribution and storing of goods in warehouses. It allows for the operation of more than seven product lines.
2. Commercial License
The commercial license allows the company to engage in imports, exports, selling, distribution and storing of goods.
3. Industrial License
The industrial license permits its holder to import the raw materials and goods for the purpose of manufacturing, processing or assembly of products.
Types of Entities Permitted in RAK Maritime City
A company in RAK Maritime City can be registered as one of the following business entities:
- Free Zone Company
- Free Zone Establishment
- Branch of a Local Company
- Branch of a Foreign Company
Documents Required to Set Up a Company in RAK Maritime City
- Application form of company incorporation and license
- Registration certificate
- A brief description of the company/project
- Company resolution
- Copy of passport of both owner and manager
- Bank statement to prove you have the required capital for the company
Why Set Up a Company in RAK Maritime City?
The free zone delivers the cutting-edge harbor infrastructure, state-of-the-art shipping terminal, and enhanced facilities for manufacturing. The free zone allows the incorporation of both Free Zone Entity (FZE) and Free Zone Company (FZC) by entitling them with appropriate licenses and work permits for operating in the free zone.
The RAK Maritime City harbor offers unique advantages in terms of fuel cost savings for tenants, and the extensive port functionalities include:
- 5-kilometer length quay wall
- 6.5-meter-deep entrance draft depth
- Deep-water berthing stations and jetties of 100+ meter length
- Exclusive jetties for larger vessels
- Dedicated harbor area covers 8, 20,000 square meters of water
Furthermore, the RAK Maritime free zone has significant land available for industrial expansion of individual companies, impressive access to a wide variety of markets, cheap operating costs, and affordable cost of living. RAK Maritime City Authority provides comprehensive business support to all your ventures by issuing licenses at faster rate, permits and approvals to businesses within few days, customized customer support, Maritime City provides a gateway to start your business in Ras Al Khaimah.
If you are looking to start your business in RAK Maritime City, do contact us for business support/visa services or nay other information. Our team of business advisors would be glad to help.