The Kingdom of Bahrain has been continuously focusing on leveraging business opportunities to grab the attention of international investors. Huge investments have been made to develop a world-class structure and build excellent connectivity to widen the business investment and growth opportunities. One of the strategic moves that the region adopts is to provide tax-free policies and a competitive cutting edge for the foreign investors to inspire them to take a step forward and set up a business in Bahrain.
The concept of Free Zones has been implemented to create special zones to dedicate business to uplift the business opportunities. The zones stand as an international attraction, fetching in more FDI contribution to the economy. This guide lists down the various free zones that Bahrain holds in its arena. By the end of this guide, you will have a clear idea regarding the available business zones in Bahrain, and the procedure to start a business in Bahrain.
1.Bahrain Logistics Zone (BLZ)
Bahrain holds a strong position when it comes to the logistics business. To enhance it further and to proceed ahead the industry wit focused business strategies; the Government has incorporated the Bahrain Logistics Zone that offers multiple business establishment options to the local, regional, and international companies to carry out the business activities that involve logistics, freight-forwarding services etc.
Advantages of Establishing a Company in BIIP
By setting up a company in BLZ the investors have access to the following benefits:
- A Multimodal logistics hub
- Ideal business environment to carry out the operations at ease
- Ready to use infrastructure
- Complete foreign ownership to the business owners
Read more on the Bahrain Logistics Zone to understand the benefits and business process.
2.Bahrain International Investment Park (BIIP)
The BIIP is one of the significant industrial districts in the Kingdom of Bahrain, that was incorporated in the year 2005. It serves as a home to more than 114 MNCs and Manufacturing countries, establishing itself as one of the flagship industrial parks. As per the reports, the total FDI in BIIP as of Nov 2019 stood at $2Billion.
Advantages of Establishing a Company in BIIP
By setting up a company in BIIP, the investors have access to the following benefits:
- Lowest annual competitive land rates
- Property lease for 25 years
- Pre-built well-suited units at an affordable rent
- Tailored office space solutions
- Exemptions on custom duty
- Free access to GCC, GAFTA, USA, Singapore, Norway etc.
Investing in the zone is a profitable and smart move. Here’s more on Bahrain International Investment Park (BIIP).
3.Bahrain International Airport (BIA)
Located on Muharraq Island, the Bahrain International Airport (BIA) is a free zone that is at a distance of 7km from the Manama, the capital of Bahrain. The region of BIA is a centre of Gulf’s Air Central and facilitates with world-class customer service. It is an excellent distribution hub for global cargo operations and has been performing the same for almost over 30 years.
Advantages of Establishing a Company in BIA
Company formation in Bahrain International Airport can hold the following benefits:
- Cargo packaging and dispatching ground
- Fuel storage
- The capacity of carrying around 14 million passengers
- Usage of high-tech services etc.
Here’s more about Bahrain International Airport, that will help you to understand more about the zone and its benefits.
4.Sheikh Khalifa bin Salman Port
With a vision to build a premier transhipment hub in the Kingdom of Bahrain, the Government has taken necessary initiatives to start the Sheikh Khalifa bin Salman Port in the Northern Gulf. Located strategically at a distance of almost 13kms from the Bahrain International Airport, the KBSP is a link for Bahrain with the rest of the GCC and remote nations. Over the years, the hub has been continuously contributing towards the nation’s GDP and has established itself as the primary distribution centre.
Advantages of Establishing a Company in KBSP
Investors who proceed to set up a company in KBSP can avail the following benefits:
- Strategically located in the Arabian Gulf
- Holds a modern business model
- Dedicated web portal to ease the business process
- Tailored warehouses as per business needs
Here’s more about Sheikh Khalifa bin Salman Port that will guide you towards the business establishment process.
5.Bahrain Investment Wharf (BIW)
Another major project that has been initiated to create a suitable environment for the manufactures and business professionals dealing in the logistics sector. The BIW is a privately-owned industrial zone that is a result of a partnership between Inovest and Government of Bahrain. The zone provides multiple business opportunities including IT, commercial space and real-estate projects.
Advantages of Establishing a Company in BIW
The decision to start a company in BIW can help you to grab the following benefits:
- High built storage facility
- Availability of business parks
- Low company setup cost
- Complete exemption of tax
- No requirement of local sponsor
Read more on Bahrain Investment Wharf to get a better clarity regarding business setup.
Advantages of Setting Up a Location in Bahrain
The Kingdom of Bahrain has been one of the widely chosen options among international business investors. By proceeding ahead with the company setup option in Bahrain, one can grab the following benefits:
- Home to the world’s largest MNCs
- Well-built corporate structures and robust network connectivity
- Gateway to the international market and easy access to GCC countries
- Business establishment options across Mainland, Free Zone and Offshore
- The perfect destination for SME’s in Bahrain
Apart from the points mentioned above, here’s more on reasons to start a business in Bahrain.
Advantages of Setting Up A Business in Free Zone
Starting a business in the Bahrain free zone helps a business owner to avail the following benefits:
- Free zones are tax-friendly zones
- Complete business ownership
- No requirement of a Bahraini partner to start business activities
- The company establishment capital is comparatively less
- Documentation process can be completed within a short span
- No duties are charged on the import-export business processes
How Can We Help?
Business Setup has been continuously performing as one of the top ten business consultants in the UAE. With a team of experts, we are keenly interested in helping the business investors and owners to establish their business. Over the years, we have helped multiple business professionals to set up their business in appropriate locations across the globe. By joining hands with us, you can avail the following benefits:
- The paperwork gets settled in a hassle-free way
- The industry insights can be known in a better way
- 24/7 assistance
- Advisors provide strategic inputs to enhance business growth
If you are looking forward to setting up a business in Bahrain free zone, do contact us today-we’d be glad to assist.