Visa is an endorsement issued by an authorized representative of a country permitting the foreigner to enter, travel through, or reside in that country for a definite period for the purpose of education, tourism, and/or employment.
For most foreign nationals, including those from the USA, Australia, UK, and the European Union, whether working, living in, or visiting Bahrain require to have a Bahrain visa as well as a passport valid for at least six months from the date of arrival. Unless you hold a passport from one of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states, you shall need a visa to enter Bahrain.
Depending on the type of visa, a fee between BHD 5 and BHD 100 is payable upon application. As of May 2012, all visa applicants have to supply additional details about their employment status and the purpose of their visit as part of the application process. A visa in Bahrain is divided into several categories depending on the purpose of the visit, sponsorship requirements, place of issue, and a number of planned visits. There are some instances under which an electronic visa, also called e-Visa, is issued instead of the traditional passport stamp.
There is a wide variety of visas issued in Bahrain. It includes:
- Maid visa
- Employment visa
- Visit visa
- Business visa
The type of visa required, as said earlier, depends on the length of stay, the purpose of visit and so on but most of the Bahrain visas, whether visit or business visas, must be sponsored, that can be obtained by Bahrain Company or others. To acquire any type of visa you need to pay a fee for the initial grant, and then for subsequent extension. Each type of visa has its own set of conditions and the holder of the same needs to follow all the rules related to it. At the same time, there are certain Bahrain visa requirements that a person needs to satisfy to enter Bahrain. To apply for a visa in Bahrain, an individual needs to satisfy the following conditions:
- The applicant must be a holder of a valid passport and hold a return ticket for leaving Bahrain
- The applicant must not be one of the persons banned from entering Bahrain in accordance with the orders to be issued for this purpose
- The applicant shall not pose a threat to the security, public order, or national interest of Bahrain
Documents Required for Bahrain Visa Application
- Scanned color copy of the first and the last page of your passport
- Confirmed return air tickets
- Scanned recent passport-size color photograph
- The visa application form duly filled and signed
- Hotel confirmation details
- Original bank statements reflecting transactions of the last 6 months with a minimum balance of Rs 90,000 per traveler, duly attested and signed by a bank official
- Passport sized photographs
- Health record from an authorized clinic
The Bahrain visa process is similar to any other country issuing visas. The visa must be used within 30 days of approval. If the visa expires before entry to The Kingdom of Bahrain, the applicant will need to apply again and fees will have to be paid once more.
An e-Visa is a Bahrain electronic visa service obtained from the official site of Ministry of Interior Nationality, Passport, and Residence Affairs. A person going for e-visa need not have a visa stamped in the passport prior to the arrival in Bahrain.
How to Obtain an E-Visa in Bahrain?
Obtaining an e-visa to visit Bahrain is a three steps process which is entirely done on the official website. The steps are as follows:
- File an application form by providing personal and passport details. An application reference number will be provided to you. Take a note of the same
- Pay the fees using a credit or debit card
- Check your application online using the reference number provided to check the Bahrain visa status and see if the application has been approved. The application might take 72 hours to process
Business Setup Worldwide Visa Services
We can assist you with all the processes, right from application to procurement and renewal, of Bahrain visa. In particular, we provide the following Bahrain visa services:
- Applying for all types of visas
- Processing and visa renewal in Bahrain of business and employment visas
- Arranging for visa transfer and visa cancellation
- Assisting in arranging and submitting the notarized documents to the ministry
- Applying for an e-visa and checking the Bahrain e-visa status
Business Setup Worldwide is a platform that will guide you through the process of obtaining a visa in Bahrain. We support our clients on their visa services according to the requirements in Bahrain. Since there are various types of visas issued in Bahrain, we provide professional as well as economical visa services in Bahrain. Our dedicated team of advisors has many years of experience in handling services like document clearance, visa assistance and renewal, Bahrain visa validity check, check visa status in Bahrain, and so on. With up-to-date knowledge of rules and regulations of immigration, we offer visa assistance services for both individuals and companies in Bahrain. We have a team of expert clearing agents who take full responsibility for visa process from start to end. Contact us today for more information if you’d like to know anything about Bahrain visa.