Nevis is a small island located on the Caribbean Sea forming part of the inner archipelago of the West Indies Leeward Islands chain. Nevis and its neighbour, the island of Saint Kitts, are one country known as The Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis. It is located near the Lesser Antilles archipelago, about 50 miles (80 kilometres) west of Antigua and 280 miles (350 kilometres) from Puerto Rico. Its land area is 36 square miles (93 square kilometres)and its capital is Charlestown.
- Nevis is a Territorial Tax Country: Nevis only taxes financial gain earned within its borders and not worldwide income outside its territory. Also, there are no Capital Gains taxes in Nevis.
- No Licensed Minimum Capital: Nevis does not need a minimum licensed capital for its firms.
- Strict Privacy: A Nevis corporation is personal and confidential. As an example, the names of company managers, directors, and shareholders do not seem to be needed to be filed with the Nevis Registrar of Corporations. Thus, these names keep private and are never made known to the public.
- One Investor & Director: Only one shareholder is required to form a Nevis corporation, and only one director needs to be appointed to manage the corporation.
- Quick Incorporation: A Nevis corporation can be registered between 1 to 2 days with an additional 4 to 6 days for the government to complete the registration process.
Points to Be Remember
- Corporate Name
When registering a replacement Nevis corporation, the law needs to choose a new company name not almost like any already existing Nevis corporate names found within the Registrar of Corporations.
- Office Address and Native Agent
Every Nevis firm should appoint an area registered agent who is pre-approved by the Nevis government to function as a registered agent and have an area workplace address to accept service of method and official notices. However, a Nevis corporation will have its home base anyplace within the world.
Nevis firms must give a minimum of one shareholder. Shareholders can live anywhere within the world, and can also be either private persons or corporations. Furthermore, nominee shareholders are allowed in Nevis for extra privacy, should the company choose this option.
- Directors and Officers
A Nevis corporation has two choices when it comes to the management of the company. The company can opt to be ruled by either its shareholders or appointed managers. Therefore, the number of managers depends on how the company’s Articles of Organization are composed. Nevis firms owners do not have to be shareholders. Managers can live in any place within the world. Also, either personal persons or firms are often named as Nevis corporation managers. Furthermore, nominee managers may be appointed for increased privacy.
- Authorized Capital
A Nevis corporation is not needed to declare a minimum approved capital quantity.
Nevis firms are exempt from each financial gain and capital gains taxes.
- Annual Fees
The yearly renewal fee for Nevis firms is the US $800 to $1,600 USD.
- Accounting and Audit Necessities
Nevis firms are not required to keep accounting and auditing records.The corporation has the freedom to decide on how to maintain its records.
- Annual General Meeting:
Nevis corporations are not needed to carry generally yearly conferences.
- Time Needed for Incorporation
Most Nevis firms can be formed in as little as 1 to 2 business days. However, the time needed for incorporation depends on the company’s distinctive name submission, yet because of the company’s accuracy in filling out the desired corporate documentation necessary for company registration. Beyond regular time, generally, two to four business days could also be required to organize resolutions, registers and check that the corporate documents are appropriately legalized with Apostille stamps
- Shelf Firms
Nevis shelf firms are available for quicker incorporation
A Nevis corporation offers many benefits such as privacy and confidentiality for shareholders, managers, and directors; no worldwide taxation, no minimum authorized capital, only one shareholder and one director required and fast incorporation.
For more details, contact us. We will be happy to assist you.