With the rapid growth of technology and innovation, different industries have grown in the past few years in Dubai. E-commerce is one of those industries catered not only to the market of the emirate but to the whole UAE and African, Gulf, Middle Eastern and South American markets.
According to Dubai Customs, e-commerce sales in Dubai are predicted to increase by 23 per cent to US$27 billion (AED100 billion) in 2022.
So what are you waiting for?
This is your sign to invest in e-commerce companies. Learn more about the 5 steps to launching a successful e-commerce business. Read through the blog furthermore to learn more about the e-commerce companies in Dubai.
A-List of Dubai E-commerce Companies:
Starting from the top to the entrepreneurial ventures, several companies are ruling the e-commerce sector in Dubai. Here have a glimpse of some top companies:
- Sharaf DG
- Danube Home
- Hi Dubai
- Dubai Shoppers
Trending E-commerce Business Categories in Dubai
The growth in e-commerce segment is noticeable in Dubai that follows the current trends which are as follows:
- According to data, clothes and footwear accounted for a third of the e-commerce sector in Dubai, with $1.3 billion in inventory. The majority of the purchases were made of comfortable clothes such as sweatshirts, T-shirts, and hoodies. If you want to start your e-commerce business, you must obtain an e-commerce license first. For that, learn more about the simple 10 step guide to obtaining e-commerce license in Dubai.
- Consumer gadgets were the second most popular item acquired through e-commerce sites. The Employment-From-Home model of employee work and online education has boosted the demand for personal computers, laptops, and tablets. This accounted for 31% of all internet purchases.
- Food and beverage purchases ranked third among e-commerce transactions. However, a deeper look at the data reveals that this includes ready-to-eat items, essential foods, and nutritious foods. This accounted for 11% of total e-commerce sales.
Why Should You Invest In Dubai E-commerce Companies?
You can even take some steps after the company incorporation process. Read here. Have you ever wondered why Dubai has become a convenient place for business owners to invest in e-commerce business? Well, there are some lucrative reasons behind it. Look at it:
1. Incubating Innovation in the emirate
The Middle East's First Unicorn was born in Dubai, a smart city that fosters innovation and digitalization, which ultimately extended the growth of the e-commerce industry.
2. Innovative Infrastructure
Cutting-Edge Infrastructure boasts cutting-edge highways, ports, and airports to service one of the world's busiest commercial, trade, and tourism gateways into the area.
This boosts the e-commerce market since it requires a highly atypical infrastructure.
3. Exceptional Logistics and Trade
Outstanding Trade and Logistics serve as a regional gateway and a hub for global trade movements.
4. 100% Business Ownership
In a dramatic change to a decades-old Commercial Companies Law, Dubai allows international investors to control their mainland businesses completely.
Previously, an Emirati person had to be the dominant shareholder with 51 per cent of the shares, while foreign investors could only own up to 49 per cent.
5. Growing Supply Chain Management
In recent years, Dubai has made significant progress toward becoming a worldwide supply-chain centre.
The industry has thrived due to its superior air, sea, and land transportation capabilities, strategic location between East and West Europe, and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
It now acts as the foundation for the country's rapid industrial transformation. Within Dubai's boundaries, some of the world's largest logistics corporations, such as DHL, FedEx, and others, operate.
6. Consumer Business
Dubai is the favourable regional home of the world's leading consumer goods and services corporations, with 65 malls. Unilever, Nestle, Heinz, P&G, and many more worldwide brands do business here.
Now you can see that the e-commerce sector in Dubai is ever-expanding, and if you are planning to make some investment in the e-commerce companies, it will be profitable for you and for that, you need some assistance in the process.
Business Setup Worldwide is here to help you anytime with your business investment process, and we also provide other services regarding your business setup procedure. Feel free to contact us any day; we’d be happy to help you.
1. Where do I have to apply for the online business license in Dubai mainland?
Department of Economic Development (DED).
2. What is the growing rate of e-commerce in Dubai?
23% growth each year.
3. Can a foreign entrepreneur invest in e-commerce in Dubai?
Yes, they can. The Dubai government has set up the process.
4. What is the cost of an e-commerce license in Dubai?
5. Which is the best free zone in Dubai for e-commerce business?