Also known as the International Media Production Zone (IMPZ), this free zone was established in the year 2003. It was designed to complete all the needs of Media and Production Industry. It is currently the most extensive media production free zone devoted to printing, publishing, and packaging industries. All types of media companies have set up their businesses in the production city. The Dubai Production City is a leading business hub enabling global and local companies. It gives business, retail, and residential lifestyle to the businessmen situated in its location.
The DFC free zones benefit from free zone liberties and guidelines that facilitate the ease of business and processes, a unique and lively community supporting and nurturing the growth of media production.
Advantages of Business Setup in DPC
Every free zone in Dubai provides a particular set of benefits. They are -
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% personal and corporate tax for 50 years
- Zero customs duty for goods and services
- Well known global, regional, and local industry players
- Ideal business environment
- The hassle-free and straightforward business setup process
- Simple legal framework and company laws
- Cluster working environment providing interaction and cooperation
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
Types of Corporate Entities in DPC
The different types of business entities in the Dubai Production City are –
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company – A FZ-LLC is formed as a separate legal entity, with shareholders as individuals and corporates.
- Branch – A branch is not a legal entity distinct from its parent. It is an entity, a place of business that forms a rightfully dependent part of the parent firm. It conducts all or some of the actions inherent in the parents. Here share capital is not required.
- Freelance Permit – The freelance license provides the ability to do business as a freelance professional. The permit identifies an individual as a sole practitioner. It allows you to conduct your business in your birth name as opposed to the brand name.
Activities Allowed in Production City Free Zone
Every free zone has a set of operations allowed for the investors to conduct their businesses. They are –
- Import and Export
- Support services
- Digital and Newspaper Printing
- Commercial and Industrial Printing
- Online Publishing and Electronic Content
Depending on the business activity, there are various types of licenses that one can apply for.
Procedure to Start a Business in Dubai Production City Free Zone
The first step to setting up a company in the International Media Production Zone is to select a suitable type of corporate entity. Foreign investors may choose among the variety mentioned above of structures. The most preferred business entity in this free zone is the Limited Liability Company as it provides a certain degree of independence concerning the shareholding structure.
The next step is to obtain initial approval from the free zone authority to register a business in the free zone.
After you get the approval, submit the legal documents for business registration. The documents include –
- Form for business registration
- Details of all the shareholders and directors
- Drafted copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Board resolution
- Passport copy of managers and shareholders
- Proof of share capital
- Registration and license fee
- Certificate of Authorization for GSO
After you submit the required documents, you will get a customer confirmation letter after which you can make the necessary payments
The next step is to obtain a license and Certificate of Registration.
You have now successfully registered your business in Dubai Free Zone. After this start with the post-registration procedure like renting an office space, getting visas for your employees etc.
At Business Setup Worldwide we provide assistance for our clients with company registration in Dubai and its free zones. Our business setup consultants are very well-versed with the legal formalities and can make this process hassle-free. Contact us today for more information on this.