Have you planned to open an offshore company in Mauritius? If yes, then we provide you with the details on how to register for a Mauritius Offshore Company.
Mauritius is a cluster of islands in the Indian Ocean. It is located about 2,000 miles east of Africa's southeast coastline and to the east of Madagascar. Most of the inhabitants of Mauritius live on the largest of these islands, i.e., Mauritius. It has an area of about 787 square miles.
Mauritius Offshore Companies
The investors wish to set up tax-efficient companies in Mauritius. They have two options-set up a global business company or an authorized company. A global business company is a tax resident company, and the accredited company is a classic offshore company. A tax benefit company can benefit from an 80% exemption of corporate income tax.
Mauritius offshore companies also offer the investors with two types of investments for managing their offshore funds like the collective investment schemes or the private equity funds.
Steps to Register Offshore Company in Mauritius
- The advisory team will give you sufficient types of companies in Mauritius, which fits your business activity. They offer two types of companies as Authorized company and GBC1
- The advisory group will check the company name as there are some regulations regarding the name which can’t be used for registration if the name is of the following types
- The name is identical with that of an existing company or nearly resembles that name as to be misleading, except where the existing company or statutory corporation is in the path of being dissolved and signifies its agreement in such manner as the Registrar requires.
- Except for the Minister's written consent, no company including a foreign company, can be registered under a name which includes the following :
- Any word which in the Registrar’s opinion suggests, that it enjoys the funding of the Government or of a statutory corporation. Example of such are words like “Authority”, “Corporation”, “Government”, “Mauritius”, “National”, “President”, “Presidential”, “Regional”, "Republic", “State”, etc
- Any word that suggests a connection with a local authority in Mauritius or elsewhere. Examples of such words are "Municipal" or "Chartered."
- the word “co-operative”;
- the words "Chamber of Commerce."
- No company including a foreign company can be registered by a name, which in the opinion of the Registrar is misleading except with the consent of the Court
- You will get all the information about Mauritius’s taxation policy, obligation, financial year, the renewal date for your offshore company in Mauritius.
Mauritius Company Details
- All the information that is needed is of your company Director, Shareholder, along with the ratio of the shares.
- You have to choose the following recommended services for your Mauritius company:
- Bank account: You can get your offshore bank account in many banks in the world with the Mauritius entity. You can choose any of the bank options on the list except UAE, Hong Kong, and Switzerland.
- Nominee services: A minimum of 3 directors are needed for an offshore company in Mauritius.
- Serviced office: You must choose your favorite jurisdiction for the Service address. You can have any number of service addresses all over the world.
- IP & Trademark: You can register Intellectual Property in any jurisdiction with the Mauritius entity.
- Merchant account: this service will be activated after the corporate bank account is activated.
- Bookkeeping: This service will be activated to be used in the future
- Processing time: Depending on the urgency of your request, you can select 2-time frames. A company can be formed in about three working days in normal cases. During urgent cases, the company can be processed and completed in 1 working day only. The process duration starts after the receipt of full payment and all the required documents.
Payment for Your Favorite Mauritius Company
Payments are accepted in various modes, as mentioned below:
- Credit/Debit card
- Paypal: you can make a payment using PayPal
- Bank Transfer: You can make an international transfer to our bank accounts. A list of various banks is available for your convenience. You can also transfer through IBAN/SEPA if you are living in Europe. You can also use SWIFT. It may take from 3 to 5 days
Send the company kit to your address
- All the original company documents will be sent to your provided address through the mail (DHL/ TNT/ FedEx). Bank account opening, license, or Trademark and Serviced office application can be fulfilled at this time.
- After your company is incorporated, it may take 2 to 5 days to deliver the company kit.
- Upon the issuance of the incorporation certificate, your company will be ready to do business worldwide!
We hope that we have provided you with all the steps for registering an offshore company in Mauritius.
Business Setup Worldwide is a platform to guide you through this. If you need any assistance in forming an offshore company in Mauritius, then you can contact us! We’d be glad to assist you.