In 2020, new regulations governing the provision and use of holiday homes were introduced in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. The UAE capital aims to create more accommodation options that serve different tourist segments while ensuring a level playing field for the hotel sector.
These regulations aim to ensure the visitor experience in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi is maintained at current standards of excellence, regardless of the type of accommodation chosen, and to promote the Emirate as a destination of merit and distinction.
You can take advantage of the increasing popularity of holiday homes in the UAE by converting your villa or apartment into one. To register your holiday villas in Abu Dhabi or flat as a vacation property, you must apply for a license with the Department of Culture and Tourism in Abu Dhabi (DCT).
If you want to earn extra money, here is all the information you need to understand and the cost of obtaining a DCT Abu Dhabi holiday home license.
How can one Put up their Home in Abu Dhabi on Airbnb?
If you want to offer your home as a vacation rental in Abu Dhabi, there are three things you should think about before you begin:
- The residential unit must be entirely or partially registered in your name because the property owner reported it as a vacation home. Tenants in Abu Dhabi are not permitted to advertise their rental property as a vacation home.
- In addition, before listing your home as a holiday villa in Abu Dhabi on Airbnb, you must apply for a holiday home permit through the DCT Abu Dhabi website. Only properties registered as vacation homes are permitted to be advertised on Airbnb due to a Memorandum of Understanding reached between DCT and Airbnb in February of this year.
- According to DCT, the unit must be an integrated private home or apartment owned by a private owner. Therefore, separate rooms are not an option.
However, if you wish to continue further, know about the 8 points to proceed with a business setup consultant in Abu Dhabi.
How does One Apply for a Holiday Home in Abu Dhabi?
The following steps are involved in applying for a UAE holiday rental home license:
- Create an online account on the DCT Abu Dhabi website and enter the following details:
- Username and email
- Create a password
- Full name
- Date of Birth and birthplace
- Emirates ID
- Passport number and place of issue
- Home address
- Company name
- Company address
- Mobile phone number
2. After you've created your account, click the submit button. Return to the homepage and sign in with your new online account. Before you begin applying, make sure you have the following documents:
- Emirates ID
- Passport number
- Insurance certificate for the home
- Tawtheeq contract (rental contract)
- Tawtheeq number
- After you have created a new account and logged in, the application page for the Holiday Homes Permit will appear on your account dashboard.
- Choose the "Apply for HH permit" option.
- Tap the "next" button after entering your Tawtheeq number.
- On the permit application page, the Tawtheeq number will automatically fill in the lessor's full name, nationality, Emirates ID, and mobile number.
- After double-checking the information, you've entered to ensure it's correct, upload the insurance certificate and a copy of Tawtheeq, and then accept the terms and conditions.
- Click the submit button.
- The submission procedure is now complete, and DCT Abu Dhabi is reviewing it for approval.
- You will be notified via email if your license application is approved. Then, you must log in again. Your application status will display "Pending Payment" on your account dashboard. Select "pay now."
- Examine the DCT Abu Dhabi tax invoice before clicking the "pay now" button. A debit or credit card is required to purchase the license online.
- After you have paid, you can download your receipt and your Holiday Homes Permit.
DCT Abu Dhabi Holiday Home License fee
The application fee for a license is Dh900 and is non-refundable. According to DCT Abu Dhabi, the license is only valid for a year, but you can request a renewal. The renewal application must be submitted within one month after the license expires. If your license is about to expire, DCT Abu Dhabi will notify you six to eight weeks in advance. The license must be renewed for 900 Dh.
This guide has clarified that opening an Abu Dhabi holiday rental home business in Dubai can be simple if you have the proper knowledge. Business Setup Worldwide can help you. Right from business incorporation to office space. Contact us today for more information.
Is Airbnb legal in Abu Dhabi?
Following a request from the tourism department for vacation homeowners to register on its new online licensing system to help regulate and improve the market in Abu Dhabi, the emirate of Abu Dhabi recently signed a deal with Airbnb to promote the vacation home sector in the capital.
Do I need a Licence for Airbnb in Abu Dhabi?
Yes, a license is required for anyone renting a short-term apartment in the UAE.
How to register Airbnb in Abu Dhabi?
You must submit your personal information, a copy of your passport, an Emirates ID card no more than three months old, a copy of your title deed, and, if applicable, a landlord's no objection certificate (using the approved DTCM form). There will be an annual registration fee for DTCM.
What’s a holiday rental in Abu Dhabi like?
Private homes you rent for a few days or weeks to stay in Abu Dhabi are known as holiday rentals. Vacation rentals include amenities like WiFi, washers, and dryers for a comfortable stay. Holiday rentals offer more space than conventional hotels, making them a desirable choice for family vacations.