Mauritius is a cluster of islands in the Indian Ocean. It is located about 2,000 miles east of Africa's southeast coastline and to the east of Madagascar. Most of the inhabitants of Mauritius live on the largest of these islands, i.e., Mauritius. It has an area of about 787 square miles.
Mauritius Offshore Companies
The investors wish to set up tax efficient companies in Mauritius. They have two options-set up a global business company or an authorised company. A global business company is a tax resident company and the authorised company is a classic offshore company. A tax benefit company can benefit from an 80% exemption of corporate income tax.
Mauritius offshore companies also offer the investors with two types of investments for managing their offshore funds like the collective investment schemes or the private equity funds.
Advantages of Setting up an Offshore Company in Mauritius
- Mauritius is one of those countries that have the lowest tax platforms in the world. Both the corporate and individual income taxes here are at 15%.
- Offshore businesses located in Mauritius are exempt from Mauritian taxes that do not do business with Mauritians nor use Mauritian currency Investors can rely on Mauritius for asset protection.
- The Mauritius offshore jurisdiction is on a par with Panama, Liechtenstein, Jersey, and similar offshore jurisdictions as being a good place to do business.
- Mauritius enjoys preferential access to developed and emerging markets, including the US.
- Foreign nationals who have stayed in Mauritius for a minimum of 3 years and are earning a salary above a certain minimum can obtain permanent residency. This is required as a permanent resident can only purchase property on the island.
- The growth outlook for the country is broadly positive. The monetary and exchange rate policies are also appropriate, and even the net international reserves are seen to be adequate.
- One of the biggest advantages of Mauritius offshore company formation is the high level of privacy protection made possible by the way that a company's shareholding structure can be defined.
- The offshore financial centre of Mauritius is supported by the HSBC Group. It operates 11 full-service branches in Mauritius along with a locally owned subsidiary dedicated to offshore banking.
- The democratically elected government of Mauritius has enjoyed stability since the country's independence.
- There are a lot of opportunities to have access to Mauritius offshore banks and offshore bank accounts that can be paired with a Mauritius company. You can open an offshore bank remotely without the need of physically visiting the bank.
- The WHO has ranked the air quality index of Mauritius as the 2nd best on the planet.
Mauritius Offshore Company Incorporation Requirements
A Minimum of one shareholder is required to form a Mauritius Offshore Company
A Minimum of one residential director is required to form a Mauritius Offshore Company
Following services are provided:
- Registered office
- Local Registered address
- Company Secretary
Following are the usual steps:
- Name approval
- Preparing registration documents
- Client to sign registration documents
- Register company with Registrar of Companies
- Post incorporation procedures
The documents which are to be submitted to the Registrar of Companies are:
- Application for incorporation of the company.
- Photocopy of the national Id card for a citizen
- Photocopy of passbook
- Public Utility Bill
- Consent to act as Shareholder
- Consent to act as Director
- Statement of Non-disqualification to Act as Director
- Consent to act as Secretary
The name approval takes only one day. Once the name of the company is approved and the signed documents are been submitted, you can normally register the Mauritius Offshore Company.
Business Registration Certificate
An application must be made and given to the Registrar of Companies to obtain a Business Registration Certificate before starting business. The certificate is normally given once the offshore company has been incorporated.
Mauritius Offshore Company as a Tax Haven
Mauritius offers a number of tax incentives as an offshore jurisdiction to offshore investing. This includes an open economy, favourable tax laws, and a modern banking system all in a rich tropical environment.
Mauritius has one of the most stable economies. It is said to have one of the most open and financially sound economies in the sub-Sahara region of Africa.
Mauritius is an active member of a number of international organizations, including the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, and the World Trade Organization. It also has strong economic ties with its African neighbours, the European Union, China, and India.
We hope that all the above information will give you a clear picture on offshore company in Mauritius.
Business Setup Worldwide is a platform to guide you through this. If you need any assistance, then you can contact us! We’d be glad to assist you.