Why Register a Company in Belize?
- Belize has numerous commercial free zones and export processing zones, specially designed to boost international investment, providing facilities for manufacturing and other business activities, such as warehousing, assembly and distribution of consignments.
- The country has a stable political system with long history of peaceful and democratic development.
- Belize is known for its offshore company incorporation as it offers several incentives like low cost of registration, tax exemption, anonymity of operations, etc.
- There are no restrictions in terms of foreign investors owning real estate in Belize.
- For businesses looking to operate in international trade, Belize is an ideal location because of its proximity and connectivity to most American states, in addition to its tax haven status (for offshore companies) and a friendly corporate environment.
How to Proceed with Belize Company Registration?
A company in Belize can be registered through the following steps:
- Carry out a name check with the Belize Companies Register, to make sure that the name you are proposing for your company is unique.
- Draft the company’s Memorandum and Article of Association (MAA), and file it with the Registrar in Belize.
- Pay a formation fee, subsequent to which the Registrar will issue a certificate of incorporation for your company.
- Name your company officers [Belize law requires all companies to have at least 1 director, who would be responsible for the company’s activities].
- Get a seal designed for the company, to be used when the company engages in transactions.
- Get a Belize company bank account opened for your company.
Documents Required for Company Registration in Belize
- Prescribed forms to be filled: Form 1, Form 2 or Form 3
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA)
- Copy of owners’ certified passport
- Proof of residence of the owners (for instance, a residential utility bill)