Why Set Up a Company in Switzerland?
- Switzerland is one of the most developed economies in the world, with significant advancement in manufacturing and service industries.
- A company in Switzerland can expect world-class infrastructure and amenities, along with the support of highly qualified accountants and lawyers for consultation – for optimum tax-related advice.
- Trading between Switzerland and the rest of Europe is very simple and convenient.
- The banking system of Switzerland is one of the most secure in the world, offering superlative protection to foreign investors.
Process of Registering a Company in Switzerland
For starting a business in Switzerland, one has to apply at the Company Registry in the canton one wishes to open a company in. The following procedure may be followed:
- Choose a unique name for your business, that would be mentioned in the application form.
- Get a corporate bank account opened in a Swiss bank, and deposit the minimum share capital in it, depending on the company type (CHF20,000 for a limited liability company, and CHF100,000 for a joint stock company).
- Get the Articles of Association (AoA) and the public deed of incorporation signed by the directors and shareholders, and then notarized by a public notary.
- the Stampa Declaration Form, a negative declaration on investments
- the Lex Friedrich Declaration Form, a permit for foreigners to acquire real estate
- Bestow a legal status upon your company by registering it with the Commercial Register. For this, you’d have to submit an application along with
- The AoA
- Proof of registered office of the company
- Company objective
- Social capital details
- Specimen signatures of the managing board
- Stampa Declaration Form
- Lex Friedrich Declaration Form
- Depending on the type of activity your company is to carry out, you may be required to register it for taxation. For this, file an application with the Federal Tax Administration after incorporating the company at the Swiss Commercial Register. Same goes for Value Added Tax (VAT) registration.