Why Register a Company in Georgia?
- Georgia is in the top 10 countries to start a business in, as per the latest World Bank Group rankings.
- Georgia has double tax avoidance treaties with more than 50 countries, including the UK, Germany, India, Singapore and China.
- Georgia has provision of special tax exemptions for international trading companies and financial companies.
- The location of Georgia is very strategic from the standpoint of trade and commerce. It lies at the intersection of Europe and Asia.
Process of Registering a Company in Georgia
A company in Georgia must be registered at the National Agency of the Public Registry of the Ministry of Justice of Georgia. The following steps may be followed for company registration in Georgia:
- Prepare a company application stating
- the company name
- company type
- goals and corporate objectives
- registered company address
- business start date
- details (name, profession, date & place of birth) of the shareholders
- the contribution by and share capital of each partner
- documents naming each member of the management and supervisory boards
- This application must be duly signed and notarized.
- Arrange for
- the charter of company
- a proof from the Information Centre of the Ministry of Internal Affairs that the company representatives are not subject to penalty for proprietary offences
- the documents of appointment of the directors and members of the council
- If required, get a Georgian translation of the aforementioned documents created
- After submitting these documents along with the proof of payment of registration fee, the company will receive an identification number, a certificate of state, and a tax registration number
- Lastly, open a corporate bank account for the company
Company registration in Georgia should be completed within 1 week.