1. Are there any restrictions on language in a Hong Kong trade name?
Yes. A Hong Kong Company or business name must either be in English letters or Chinese characters
2. How many directors and shareholders are required to form an offshore company in Hong Kong?
At least one director and shareholder, who can also be the same person
3. Is the information of directors and shareholders available publicly?
The laws in most places of an offshore company incorporated do not require publicising the identity of directors and shareholders and other material information
4. Do the details of shareholders and directors of an offshore company need to be filed with local government?
No. Most offshore companies need only to file the details of shareholders or directors with a local agent
5. How is the presence and validity of company certified?
After the business is registered, we will deliver the Certificate of Incorporation, steel seal of the company, articles of association and others to you
6. What are the minimum requirements in Hong Kong company formation?
The Hong Kong Company set up must have at least one director and one shareholder. The company also must have a company secretary, who is a resident of Hong Kong or a Hong Kong corporate. The registered office must be centred in Hong Kong
7. Hong long does it take to register an offshore company in Hong Kong?
For a tailor-made company, it takes around 7-10 working days to complete the legal procedures.
For a ready-made company, it takes around 1-2 working days to complete the registration
8. Does registering a trading name with the Hong Kong government confer any trademark rights in respect of the name?
No, it does not confer any IP rights. You need to make a separate application
9. Do I need to be in Hong Kong for my corporate bank account opening?
Yes, it would help if you were in Hong Kong for account opening
10. What are the primary documents required by banks in Hong Kong?
They will need to review the certificate of registration, business license, incorporation forms and articles & associations
11. What is the standard time frame for opening a bank account in Hong Kong?
The approximate time frame is one month
12. Is it mandatory for a Hong Kong company to have a Hong Kong bank account?
No, it is not mandatory to have a Hong Kong bank account