The Intellectual Property Development Plan (IPDP) is assisted by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), and seeks to ensure that the organizations involved in IP enforcement, including the potential users as well as generators of IP, have the technical capacity and know-how to use IP as a tool to promote research, innovation, investment and economic growth.
Mauritius, known officially as the Republic of Mauritius, is a small island nation in the Indian Ocean, off the southeast coast of Africa. It is a free market economy. The country is rated high on economic competitiveness and business milieu, and has a pro-business governance.
The economy of Mauritius relies on agriculture (mainly sugar and textiles), tourism and financial services. Of late, information & communication technology and renewable energy sectors have been gaining pace in the country.
Company Incorporation in Mauritius
A company in Mauritius can be incorporated as one of the following legal entities:
- Sole Proprietorship: A sole proprietorship in Mauritius is owned by a single person, who is personally responsible for all aspects of the business and has unlimited liability to all debts and obligations of the sole proprietorship.
- General Partnership: A general partnership in Mauritius has 2 or more owners, known as the partners. They share the entirety of the profits. Also, the partners bear unlimited liability, i.e., are liable for the debts and obligations of the company.
- Limited Partnership: A limited partnership is similar to a general partnership, except that in the former, not all the members are fully liable for the debts of the business; the liability of a limited partner is only limited to the amount of one’s capital investment.
- Global Business Licence Type 1 Company: A Global Business Licence Type 1 Company (GBC1), or offshore company, is a company engaged in a permitted global business, carried on from within Mauritius by persons all residing outside Mauritius and where business is conducted in a currency other than the Mauritian rupee. A GBC1 requires a minimum of 1 shareholder and 2 directors to be set up. Such a company type is suitable for public financial operations, like fund management.
- Global Business Licence Type 2 Company: A Global Business Licence Type 2 Company (GBC2), or international company, is legally exempt from taxation in Mauritius, and not allowed to have transactions with Mauritian residents or in Mauritian currency. A GBC2 requires a minimum of 1 shareholder and 1 director to be set up. It is primarily meant for trade and investment.
Benefits of Company Incorporation in Mauritius
Setting up a company in Mauritius has the following benefits:
- Mauritius is an overall a tax-friendly nation: it has a low corporate tax, no capital gains tax, and free repatriation of capital and profits.
- Setting up a company in Mauritius in easy and convenient, and can be completed within a week.
- Mauritius is a free market economy, allowing for unlimited transfer of dividends, capital or profits out from Mauritius to any other country.
- The business language used in Mauritius is English, and it has an employable workforce of highly skilled and bilingual professionals.
- The country is politically, socially and economically stable, and has an investment-friendly environment.
Who We Are
Business Setup Worldwide is a platform to help you set up your business in Mauritius. We provide services like company incorporation, registration, accounting, bookkeeping, legal advisory and tax consultation, to support you in establishing your business here.
Commitment to high quality professionalism, experience in setting up businesses across a wide range of industries, proactive learning in the ever-changing global environment, and the ability to conceive innovative strategies and provide comprehensive support in executing such strategies distinguish Business Setup Worldwide, and provide you the competitive edge in business expansion.
Mauritius is not only a promising place to set up your business in, but also a pleasant country to stay in. Business Setup Worldwide helps global investors, businessmen, and corporates set up their company in Mauritius to optimally utilize all the advantages that a developing country like Mauritius provides. Our experts take care of the banking, visa and licensing formalities, and set the groundwork for new business processes in alignment with your vision and corporate objectives.