Why Does a Business Need Company Secretarial Services?
Nigerian companies, by law, are required to appoint a Company Secretary.It is an offence to conduct business without appointing one. Besides, it is a good business practice to remain in sync with the regulatory compliances of the country one is operating in. Thus, tasks like holding statutory records, maintaining shareholders’ register, and submitting audited financial statements, assume prime importance. Company secretarial services are required to cater to these compliance functions.
Business Setup Worldwide provides the following company/corporate secretarial services:
- Scheduling and coordinatinggeneral meetings, and meetings of the Board of Directors or Board Committees
- Drafting and distributing minutes and other documentation pertaining to meetings
- Filing statutory documents like annual returns, resolutions, changes in the composition of the board or the shareholding structure, or charges against the company’s assets
- Filing the requiredannual returns with the Corporate Affairs Commission(CAC)so as to remain compliant with the provisions of the Company and Allied Matters Act
- Drafting Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA) at the time of incorporation of company
- Arranging for a registered office for business registration
- Executing post-incorporation services like filing changes in incorporation records with the CAC, handling changes in company name or MAA, etc.
- Registering and obtaining approval from government agencies on special corporate matters like business permit, import licensing, expatriate quota, issue or transfer of shares involving non-resident shareholders from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), registration of contractors, remittance of dividends and repatriation of capital overseas, etc.
Benefits of Taking Company Secretarial Services
- Meeting regulatory requirements is mandatory by corporate law in Nigeria and also beneficial for a company’s long-term benefit
- Secretarial services fend off any possible operational risk for thebusiness owners
Who We Are
Business Setup Worldwide is a platform to help you start your company. We facilitate the setup of your business through services like incorporation, registration, legal consultation, and the likes.
We support your company with your business objectives at the epicentre of our operations. We specialize in business-oriented support activities, in face of the ever-changing global executive environment. We take pride in our ability to adapt to the market and devise innovative strategies to aid firms with their vision.
Business Setup Worldwide's proprietary business design techniques, combined with its specialized industry knowledge and global reach, enable our clients to anticipate changes in customer priorities and the competitive environment, and then design their businesses and improve operations to seize the opportunities created by those changes.
Business Setup Worldwide helps entrepreneurs and firmsin setting up theircompany in Nigeria by providing company/corporate secretarial services to aid them in following compliance requirements properly. Our experts specialize intaking care of regulatory matters in a safe and timelyfashion, as peryour customized business needs. We have an experienced corporate secretarial team in Nigeria to support youwith compliance and business consulting.