Characteristics of Cook Islands Offshore Company Registration
International Company (IC)
The names of directors and shareholders are not available in public records
Any currency is permitted
Minimum Directors and Shareholders
Minimum one director/shareholder
The requirement to appoint a company secretary
Need to File accounts
Offshore Banking Partners
1. What are the tax advantages of an offshore company in the Cook Islands?
The various tax benefits are:
● No corporate tax
● No income tax
● Exemption of stamp duties
● No capital stock tax
● No sales tax
2. What is the currency of the Cook Islands?
The currency of the Cook Islands is New Zealand dollars.
3. What are the main corporate legislations for Cook Islands offshore company?
The corporate legislation for offshore companies are:
● International Companies Act 1982
● International Trusts Act of 1984
● Limited Liability Company Act 2008
4. How is the exchange control in the Cook Islands?
There are no restrictions on the movement of funds, and transactions can be done in any currency.
5. Is the Cook Islands economically stable?
The economy of the Cook Islands is quite stable with tourism and offshore sector being some of the significant dominating sectors in the territory.
6. Annual meetings are compulsory for offshore companies?
Yes, an annual general meeting is required to be conducted annually in the jurisdiction.
7. How long does it take to incorporate an offshore company in the Cook Islands?
It takes about 3-4 days to incorporate an offshore company in the Cook Islands.
8. Shelf companies are available in the jurisdiction?
Yes, shelf companies are allowed and available for incorporation in the jurisdiction.
9. Do offshore companies require office space?
Yes, offshore companies should have a registered office in the territory of the Cook Islands.
10. Should offshore companies file for annual returns?
Yes, offshore companies in the Cook Islands should file for annual returns.