Offshore Taxation Services in BVI
Taking a business at an international level is one of the famous moves that the business owner can grab a larger audience. However, one of the crucial factors in the entire process is tax consideration that the business entity needs to bear. The offshore company formation concept has turned into one of the best moves for business investors to come forward and enjoy tax benefits.
The British Virgin Islands (BVI) is one of the widely selected offshore business jurisdiction that helps business owners to set up an offshore business unit in a much easier way with tax exemptions, which makes it a more lucrative offshore destination.
Taxation Scenario in the BVI
The British Virgin Islands (BVI) is considered one of the top tax-havens of the world, offering numerous tax-advantages to the non-residents or the foreigners to come forward and invest in the offshore segment.
In technical terms, an offshore jurisdiction is termed as a tax-haven because the region actively makes itself available to avoid any sort of tax. This principle helps the business investors to pay a minimal amount of tax for the company that gets incorporated. This flexibility makes the business professionals favourable for asset protection or any other kind of tax avoidance.
In general, the offshore companies established in the BVI are exempted from taxes. The IBCs in the region are even exempted from the tax paid on profits or capital gains.
Here’s a guide on the International Business Company (IBC) that will help you to grab the insights.
BVI Companies Act
The offshore companies incorporated in the British Virgin Islands (BVI) follows the guidelines stated in the BVI Companies Act 2004 (“Exemption from tax”). Accordingly, it states that:
- a company
- all dividends, interests, rents, royalties, compensation and other amounts paid by the company
- the capital gains realised concerning any shares, debt obligations or other securities of a company
are entirely exempted from all the possible provisions of the income tax ordinance. The act has revamped the company’s legislation in the country and has incorporated more than 40% of the global offshore companies.
How to Set Up an Offshore Company in the BVI?
The process to incorporate an offshore company in the BVI involves the following steps:
- Get in touch with a business consultant who is well-versed with the offshore company setup process and can guide you in streamlining the steps. Understanding the BVI offshore company formation rules turns out to be an essential move, that will help you make the call at ease.
- The second move is to have a clear discussion regarding the incorporation process, where you need to finalize the trade name and other crucial essentials.
- Meanwhile, you also need to make sure to submit the relevant documents that are required for company formation. The list of essentials include:
- A duly filled application form
- Identity proof of the business shareholders and directors
- Address proof of the business shareholders and directors
- Passport-sized photos of the business shareholders and directors
- Well-drafted business plan
- Memorandum of association
- Articles of association
The complete set of documents needs to be handed over to the business advisor, who will in-turn grab the legal permissions for you.
- Finally, you need to proceed towards opening an offshore bank account through which you will be able to carry out the official business transactions at ease. Here’s a guide on the advantages of offshore banking that will help you to get a better idea of the profits that you can generate.
Stepping into a foreign nation and setting up an offshore business requires in-depth knowledge and the perfect channels to carry out the process at ease and in a hassle-free way. This turns out to be a tough job if you are proceeding alone, and thus, getting an expert’s advice turns out to be a suitable and smart move.
Business Setup Worldwide| Your Offshore Guide
At Business Setup Worldwide, we have been taking the necessary steps to provide efficient and effortless business incorporation services to business investors and owners. Since our inception, we have been helping our clients by providing tailored solutions that have made us one of the top offshore business consultants in Dubai.
If you are looking forward to starting your offshore business in the BVI and want to understand the tax process further, feel free to discuss with our experts.
Contact us today-we’d be glad to assist!