Why Register a Company in Oman?
- The government of Oman has been taking active measures to encourage business growth, focusing on diversification, industrialization and privatization.
- The Sultanate is located at the mouth of the Persian Gulf, granting it a nautically strategic position, with a 1700 km long coastline serving as the gateway to the Arabian Gulf.
- Oman has witnesses extensive economic and social reforms since 1970. It has been growing manifold, with the development of tourism and real estate. As such, the Sultanate now attracts sizeable foreign investment, paving the way for even more business opportunities in Oman.
Process of Registering a Company in Oman
Oman company registration process is as follows:
1. Reserve a Company Name
Submit an application to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MCI) to reserve a unique name for your company, subject to nomenclature norms in Omani Law.
2. Submit Incorporation Documents
Once the company name is reserved and approved, draft the shareholder documents and constitutive contract, and obtain the authorized signatory form and bank certificate, and submit these to the MCI.
3. Register with the Oman Chamber of Commerce and Industry (OCCI)
After registering with the MCI, register with the OCCI, for compliance with the commercial rules and regulation required of a corporate in Oman.
4. Get Approvals from Government Departments
Depending upon the nature, size and activities of your business, you may need to obtain a couple of government approvals. This can include obtaining or carrying out:
- Tax registration
- Registration with the Royal Oman Police
- Registration with the Ministry of Manpower, to file for labour clearances and visas
- Municipality licence
- Import/export licence, if required
- Industrial, environmental and other permits and licenses
5. Design a Company Seal
Get a company seal designed.
Documents Required for Omani Company Registration
- Company registration form
- Copy of valid ID of the shareholders and authorized signatories of the company
- An approved authorised signatory form, with the signatures and names of the authorized signatories of the company
- Company statutes
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry Affiliation certificate
- Certificate of initial capital deposit at bank