Situated adjacent to the Salalah Port and one of the most important industrial hubs in Dhofar, Salalah free trade zone is Oman’s second city that offers competitive labour and infrastructure costs compared to other regions in order to attract investors in the chemical and material processing, manufacturing, assembly, and logistics sectors. With more than US$3.5 billion of industrial investment, they have created a leading light and heavy industrial center with proximity to East-West trade lanes, as well as to the buoyant markets of the Indian Subcontinent, East Africa and the wider Middle East.
Salalah Free Trade Zone has also created a financial community to connect investors with the entrepreneurs to support them for setting up the company or finance their business needs.
Benefits of Setting Up a Company in Salalah
- 100% repatriation of profits and income
- Income tax exemption available up to 30%
- Full foreign ownership is permitted
- There is no minimum capital required to set up a company located in this free zone and there are relaxed Omanization rates applicable to such companies
- No tax on personal incomes
- Zero customs duties on imports and exports
Types of Licenses in Salalah
Salalah free trade zone issued various types of licenses:
1. General Trading License
It is used for import, export, distribution, and storing of all the products as per the free zone rules and regulations.
2. Trading License
It allows the holder to import, export, distribute, and store items specified on the license.
3. Industrial License
It allows the holder to import raw materials, carry out the manufacturing of specified products, and export the finished product to any country. This license is subject to clearances from the respective ministries.
4. Service License
It allows the holder to carry out the services specified in the license, within the Free Zone. The type of service must conform to the parent company’s license, issued by the economic department or municipality of the relevant region.
How to Set Up a Salalah Free Zone Company?
Just like the Sohar free zone, the government has also introduced a One-Stop-Shop (OSS) in the Salalah free zone. It entails online company registration which takes around 3 days, depositing initial deposit in the bank, registering with the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI), and all the mandatory procedures which are done simultaneously making the OSS fast and efficient. The process to register your company in Oman is as follows:
- Submit the completely filled application form with necessary documents
- The next step is to submit the No Objection Letter
- Perform the company due diligence
- Approve a plot selection
- Pay the necessary fees
- Obtain a license from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MCI)
- Obtain other permits from the Oman Chamber of Commerce and Industry (OCCI)
- Obtain the registration certificate from the free zone authority of Salalah
Documents Required to Set Up a Business in Salalah
- Brief summary/description of the business you are going to conduct in the free zone
- Application form filled with all the personal and professional details
- Passport copy of Owner/Manager
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA)
- Certificate of Registration
- Bank account statement of last 6 months (if applicable)
- Appointment letter for local audit, and auditors’ acceptance of the same
Note that all the documents must be notarized and attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Sultanate of Oman Embassy.
Facilities Available at the Salalah Free Zone
- Office space is available on lease for the tenants
- Business incubators are available at the headquarters and will help start-ups to be operational and focus on growth and development of the business
- The serviced land is available for long-term leases at competitive rates to be used for the construction of facilities; as well warehouses of different sizes are available for rent
- Roads are continuously being developed and maintained to ensure all plots in the free zone are offered the required connectivity
Business Setup Worldwide is a platform to help to start your business in Oman. Our advisors in Oman are well-versed with all the rules, regulations, and procedures to form a company and shall make the process hassle-free. We have considerable experience in the field and the will to ensure that you get your accreditation as quickly as possible. Contact us to know more about the Salalah Free Zone in Oman.