Why Register a Company in Qatar?
- Qatar is an energy-abundant nation, with vast reserves of oil and natural gas. This factor acts as the backbone of its industry, and hence there is no dearth of fuel for an industrial setup here.
- The corporate income tax in Qatar is just 10%, one of the lowest in the world.
- The country offers a fertile business environment with its infrastructure, political stability, investment incentives and financial services.
- Qatar would be hosting the Football World Cup 2022, an event assured to highlight the country’s presence exponentially. The economic and infrastructural development is expected to rise proportionally.
How to Register a Company in Qatar?
For company registration in Qatar, these steps may be followed:
- Prepare the Articles of Association (AOA) of the company.
- Come up with a unique trade name for the company, and get it approved by the commercial registration officer
- Get the Memorandum of Association (MOA) verified by the Companies Department or the commercial registration officer
- Filling out the commercial registration application at the Ministry of Economy and Commerce
- Subscribe at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Qatar
- Submit ID proofs of the shareholders and director of the company
- Obtain a commercial registration with the requested amendments from the commercial registration officer
Documents Required for Company Registration in Qatar
- Copy of the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association (MOA)
- Copies of the ID and residential proof of the shareholders and the directors
- Declaration form signed by a Qatari Shareholder, in case the company formation mandates the participation of a local shareholder
- Proof of deposit of minimum share capital issued by a bank