Sharjah Publishing City is the world’s very first publishing free zone, offering those in the book industry the opportunity to capitalize on tax-free privileges while benefitting from being a wholly independently-owned and operated company.
Sharjah Publishing City is the world’s very first publishing free zone, offering those in the book industry the opportunity to capitalize on tax-free privileges while benefitting from being a wholly independently-owned and operated company. It is managed by Sharjah Book Authority (SBA) under the derivatives of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah. Because of being a cultural capital of the world, this free zone has become the most sought-after destination by book traders. Cultural projects such as Sharjah International Book Fair, Sharjah Public Libraries, and Sharjah Children’s Reading Festival are managed by Sharjah Book Authority in Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone. Business setup in Sharjah provides plenty of facilities for new entrepreneurs and business ventures with which they can get a head start in their business.
Key Benefits of Company Setup in Sharjah Publishing City
- Liberal bank account opening and maintenance
- Bank accounts that support multiple currencies
- Full repatriation of investments and profits allowed
- Ideal for any kind of international business
- Quick incorporation in 2-3 working days
- No local or national assistance needed
- Office space not required
How to Set Up a Company in Sharjah Publishing City?
Opening a company in Sharjah Publishing City free zone is a straightforward and simple process. Choose the ideal structure, complete the online form, and submit the same, after which you’ll get the initial approval for the license. Once you submit all the documents related to license you will get the license within a time period of 2-4 weeks. And you are good to start your business. The step by step guide is as follows:
What Type of Company to Register in SPC?
1. Free Zone Establishment (FZE)
A company with a single shareholder (individual or corporate entity).
2. Free Zone Company (FZC)
Multiple shareholders up to 7 (individual or corporate entities or a mix of both).
3. Local Branch
Branch of a UAE company.
4. International Branch
Branch of a foreign company.
What Type of Business License to Apply For?
1. Commercial License
This type of license is for the businesses that are into import, export, distribution, consolidation, storage, and warehousing.
2. Service License
This type of license is for the companies that are into the activities related to services.
What Type of Office Spaces Are Available in SPC?
- Furnished office
- Unfurnished office
- Retail/Café and Restaurant
- Storage facility
Documents Required to Set Up a Company in SPC
For a Free Zone Establishment (FZE)
- Filled application form
- Passport copy of shareholders, directors and manager
- Visa & Emirates ID copy of shareholders, directors, and manager (if applicable)
- Proof of address of shareholders (recent utility bill/bank statement etc., with address)
- Passport size photograph of the shareholders (in color)
- Memorandum & Articles of Association (MAA)
- Specimen signature of the proposed manager
- Filled application form
- Ultimate beneficial owner declaration
- Passport copy of the manager
- Proof of address of the manager (recent utility bill/bank statement etc., with address)
- Passport size photograph of the manager (in color)
- Legalized Memorandum & Articles of Association of the parent company
- Legalized certificate of incorporation of the parent company
- Legalized board resolution & power of attorney of the parent company
- Legalized license of the parent company, if applicable
Why Set Up a company in SPC?
Unique geographic location, supportive authorities, international and regional connectivity with excellent sea, land, and air transport links, are some of the reasons why Sharjah Publishing City is an ideal location to set up a business. In addition, there are plans for an international distribution network for books and a centralized printing facility to cater to the demands of publishing companies. The outstanding and competent business environment alongside the tactical location with zero tax in Sharjah Publishing City free zone will surely increase your profits. An entrepreneur looking to start a business with these benefits should consider incorporating a business in SPC free zone. We at Business Setup Worldwide can help you in your business setup activities. Our experienced team and professional consultants guide you set up your business smoothly and without any bureaucratic interruption. If you are planning to form a publishing or event management company in the Middle East, do contact us – we will be glad to assist.